Friday 18 December 2009

SOULS OF MISCHIEF - PROPER AIM - SINGLE REVIEW

Souls of Mischief
Proper Aim
Heiroglyphics Imperium


Proper Aim is the first single to be taken from the highly anticipated Montezuma's Revenge LP. On first listen it takes me right back to 1993. Now I don't mean this in a negative way as it reminds me of the good feeling I had when I first listened to albums such as the Freestyle Fellowship LP Innercity Griots. It was also the year that was famously mentioned in the Souls classic '93 til Infinity.

The track has a cool double bass sample and a nice laid back beat. But the highlight is the smooth lyrical flows from the Souls crew, which content and rhythm kept me keenly listening throughout the whole song.

Proper Aim can be best be described as a classic sound (not 'old school' as some of the younger generation mistakingly call it) and why modernize a Hip Hop formula when it already works!

Judging by their last trip to the UK they still have their fan base firmly intact too.

Richy Pitch


http://www.myspace.com/soulsofmischief

PROPER AIM OFFICIAL VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails