Monday 2 March 2009

DJ'ING AT SCRATCH. WHY IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

On February 28th 2009, after having 2 brilliant years in Ghana, I played my first set at Scratch for almost a year and a half and to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect!

But one of the comforting things was that I had the DJ crew (Matt, Lyley and Tomski) there enjoying themselves and playing some great tunes and there was also a packed room at the Big Chill House with a friendly crowd full of weekend music lovers having a few beers and enjoying the good Hip Hop music.

I must have played for a couple of hours but I must admit, I absolutely loved every minute of it!

One of the reasons it worked was because I had my old MC partner by my side. Tukka is so good with the crowd, he is a great 'hype man' he makes the audience feel good and he makes me feel very relaxed when I DJ, it really showed.

Another reason why it was a good night was I had some of my great music buddies there, who I first met all the way over in Accra, Ghana. M3NSA and Kwesi turned up with friends and kindly took some pics that you can see below. We also had saw some of the old school Herts posse down there too... big up Sam, Junior, Debs and Amy !

I managed to play a nice variety of tunes from Funk, to Hip Hop Classics, to contemporary Hip Hop to even a bit of Old School Drum and Bass, which went down a storm!

So all in all February's edition of Scratch @ The Big Chill House definitely made me feel that it was good to be back !!!!

Richy Pitch


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails